Ok rubbish title, but what can you expect; when I have been painting solidly for 6 hours. Initially I had expected to take my time with the Deathjack, that has gone completely out the window. That said, I have very little to show for the time I have put into it; well except this little picture.
This isn’t the finished product, in all honesty; I am so pleased with the final piece it is unreal. Doing this little piece, has also served to give me a colour scheme I want. Initially I had wanted black armour, hoping to learn how to highlight black armour. My first attempts looked like a 3 year old had done it, not the look I was hoping for. So Plan B, the usual plan that I revert to; make it up as I go along. So far it’s working out, I have the carapace above finished; most other parts started. Way things are going, I could potentially have the DJ finished within a week. Total build and paint time – 3 1/2 weeks.
Maybe I could test it out on some new terrain I just came across. I discovered a new UK company called Battleboards, which will shortly start producing very detailed terrain tiles, which look amazing. 2′ by 2′ modular boards, they are very high quality. Ok they are a little more expensive, than others out there; but seriously the quality is worth it. Check out their Facebook page to see examples – Battleboards on Facebook