I first of all have to apologise, for starting this in the middle of building the model. Part of the enjoyment of Warmachine is putting the parts together. Only to realise I should have recorded what I did. So before I go any further, here is what I have done so far.
As you can see the legs have been attached, to do this I drilled and pinned them (obviously lol). It takes a little fiddling before hand, so that both feet are level on the ground. I started with the right leg, pinning it in place; then placing it on the table adjusted the left leg (without pinning). This lets me see the kind of position the torso will achieve. If you don’t, you could potentially have them gazing at the sky or crashing head first into the ground. Once I was happy I drilled and pinned the left leg; but didn’t glue it. Try to use something as a guide, as to where the leg will sit. In this case, there is a spur on the back of the leg; which brushes against the ‘skirt’.
The circled area is where the ‘feelers’ will go later. You can see the spur just resting against the skirt, I knew that this was the prime position I wanted. One tip is to measure and judge, BEFORE you glue anything; especially if your pinning parts. Once I had both legs done, I could judge the position I wanted it on the base. I happened to acquire a piece of red slate, which I really liked for a base. Using apoxy, I attached it to the base; then drilled a pin hole on one side. I am not going to paint Scaverous on the base, so the pin is in the base; not Scaverous’ foot.
Next up, the smoke stacks on the chassis. From pictures on the Privateer Press site, I could see the general area they were situated. The circled area is the pinning point, though as you can see it’s not a perfect fit. Some green stuff or putty will sort this out later. The head is just super-glued, though in hindsight I may take this off again. Reason being, is that the ‘feelers are awkward to position with the head in place.
The staff weapon, strangely comes in two parts. While not a difficult job, it does take patience and careful drilling. This will need some green stuff, but it’s pinned and secure; which is all that matters.
One thing that I don’t like with some Privateer Press models, is their insistence on making weapons double handed like the above. When you have two arms and a weapon to position; yet only have one pair of hands…..nightmare. My original idea, was to cut the hand off (as circled above); pinning the hilt to the main shaft. As sculpting is not a strong skill I possess, it’s daunting to say the least. So I’ve decided to do this in two parts, the torso section; and the weapon/arms section. Both with be put together, once it’s painted.
The next part will be arms and weapon section, which I promise will be a step-by-step.