Well as the title suggest, progress on the models needed for the Nationals is coming along. I took a break yesterday, as
Ran out of glue
Using a hand drill on small pieces is killing my hands (Who designed the Iron Lich Overseer; they need to be shot)
Trying to avoid burn out, this early on in the process.
So for now here is pictures of the first Harrower, as well as WiP shot of the 1st Seether in the background. Yes you might have guessed by now, red is my favourite colour; which is why I am dreading the Kraken when I get around to it.
The intended plans to post a little more often, got a little waylaid recently with a last minute hospital stay. I say last minute, but it was only last minute to me; as someone failed to inform me of my imminent admittence to said hospital. So with 3 days notice, I had to get my life in order and make arrangements for the house and pet.
On the plus side, I managed to complete the April Oath; with just 2 hours to spare. Despite the time constraint, I am really pleased with the models I have done, while not really compromising on the quality of the work too much. The Oath was to include the secret ingredient; which in April was Battle Damage.
With just Gerlak Slaughterborn left to paint, I figured I could go a little crazy with him.
Weapon slashes, a little corrosion and just to show why Trolls have the Tough ability; a broken spear shaft in the chest.
The other Oath models which I haven’t shown to date, are the last two witches:
With so much going on, either me running events or taking part in them. Thought I needed something to remind me, and anyone that follows me; idea of what is going on with WM/H (and other gaming). So details of all the events will be coming soon.
Even though I have oodles of time to paint, I still have real life to deal with; like housework, shopping and dealing with bureaucratic bullshit. Things have stalled a little, as I have to deal with a time sensitive issue.
I am hoping to get started on the painting tonight, if I can manage to get some headway on this issue. With luck the face and basecoat should be done by the weekend, so I am free to play at the Tartan Brawl.
After the last one I did, I promised myself that I would spend a little more time on the bases; to make them look part of the model.
I’ve been working out the ‘scene’ as I am going along, which I am happy to say is starting to come together. I’ve posted up the base for one of the models, which has now been joined by a second base.
As I have posted teasers into the PP forums, I see no harm in showing off this pair of deadly ladies; which one lucky recipient is getting.
They aren’t ‘glued’ to the base yet, as I don’t want to have to do the base around the model; like I did with Maelok last year. Just some gap filling and tidy up of these two, then it’s priming and painting time. Clock is ticking as, I only have until the end of April to finish.